H-4 Visa for Dependents

Spouses and minor children of H-1 visa holders qualify for this classification for the length of time that the principal is approved for. Dependents who are in the U.S. in a different classification may apply for a change of status while they remain in the U.S. Those outside the U.S. may apply at the appropriate consulate and present proof of the principal's status. Dependents of H-2 and H-3 also qualify for this classification.