Advanced Researchers/Professors/Managers Network

Researchers, professionals, teachers and others who are outstanding in their professions sometimes qualify for special treatment under the law.  Teachers and professors who teach in educational institutions may be exempt from the H-1B cap.  People in this category may also seek to apply for the O-1 visa to avoid the cap on H-1b visas.  Some individuals in this category may qualify for a green card without first obtaining an offer of employment.  This is referred to as self-petitioning.  Of course, individuals in this category may apply for labor certification and other visas available for professionals and/or specialized workers.